Integrated Education – Occupational Therapy
Is your child:
Intelligent … not completing school work
Making silly mistakes … confusing letters “ b”, “d”, “p”, “9” etc
On the run … or very dull and lethargic
Losing things in school
He needs Occupational therapy
Occupational therapists help people across the life span to participate in the activities they want and need to do. OT is a skilled treatment aimed at helping clients achieve independence in all aspects of life. Depending on the nature of the difficulty the child is facing, OT works on :
- Tone, activity level and developmental milestones
- Balance and spatial awareness
- Improving fine motor skills, handwriting and perception
How Occupational therapy works?
We take in information through our senses. If these are not working in sync or receiving information correctly, the intelligent brain processes it wrong. Sensory Integration treatment enhances the correct processing of information so that the child is able to respond optimally to stimuli.
Neuro – developmental therapy works on tone, muscle strength, balance, gait, gross motor and fine motor functions.
Perceptual Enrichment programme focuses on activities of visual and auditory processing required for reading, writing, following instructions etc.
OT can be done individually and in small groups depending on the requirement of the child.
- We have Occupational therapists working at Prafulta center and in mainstream schools in Mumbai.
- Workshops are also conducted periodically for children.
- Parents are also oriented on how to manage their child.